Rent Double E Ranch for a Week!
Five Comfortably Furnished Cabins with Full Amenities Adjacent to the Legendary Gila National Forest
Double E Ranch and New Mexico Cabin Rentals are offering you a unique opportunity to experience a taste of life on a heritage southwestern New Mexico ranch. Rent the Double E Ranch! Ride and hike in the legendary Gila National Forest! All you hikers, horseback riders and your saddle buddies, birding enthusiasts, rockhounders, star party devotees, photography groups, Tour of the Gila bicycle fans, family or friends reunion get-together, retreats, hunters, or business seminar participants, New Mexico Cabin Rentals at Double E Ranch is offering "Rent the Ranch" weeks. Lock in your Ranch Weeks now for 2018-2019 Events near Silver City and surrounding area, including Tour of the Gila Bicycle Race, Wild, Wild West Pro Rodeo and Silver City Blues Festival. And - should you choose to be connected to the outside world - free wi-fi for streaming, VOIP cell phone calls, and accessing the internet available at no additional charge.
For those who bring their own horse, facilities available for your use include a 180 x 230 event quality arena, a variety of fenced and paneled pastures, covered stalls, wash rack, hot walker, spacious tack room, round pen and plenty of trailer parking. Hikers and folks who bring their own horses have unlimited access to hundreds of square miles of relatively untouched pristine southwest New Mexico public lands. JS Saddlery, our local feed and custom tack store, is convenient, open 6 days every week, offers quality alfalfa and/or grass hay, grains, supplements, grooming supplies and tack
Much of southwestern New Mexico is considered "high desert". Our elevation is 5,000 feet. We are nearly as far south as Tucson, Arizona. Grant County New Mexico is still a very rural area, with farming and cattle ranching being a major part of the economy. Part of the Heritage "Hooker Ranch" became the Double E Ranch and, until they retired, Debbie and Alan Eggleston ran Texas Longhorn cattle on nearly 30,000 acres along the edge of the Gila National Forest and Gila Wilderness area for 22 years. Little has changed in the pristine landscape over the past 150 years. With it's headwaters in Piños Altos, New Mexico, northeast of Double E Ranch and just outside the Town of Silver City, Bear Creek runs through Double E Ranch and empties into the Gila River along the southwestern border between New Mexico and Arizona. Unexpectedly, you will find our hidden valley at the southern end of Bear Creek Canyon. New Mexico Cabin Rentals at Double E Ranch, is situated in an incredibly lush and verdant riparian area, with giant cottonwood, sycamore and piñon trees, privately protected and home to nearly 300 native and migratory birds. You are surrounded by nature, southwestern New Mexico wildlife and are invited to take the Double E Ranch Trail getting you to "take your breath away vistas".
It's likely you will spot Deer, Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep, Fox, Merriam Turkey, Coati, Golden Eagles, Black Hawks, a variety of falcons, possibly mountain lion, javelina or brown bear during your Ranch Week.
Here is what you'll get when you "Rent the Ranch":
- 5 comfortably furnished cabins and guesthouses with all amenities to feel like home. Every cabin has a land line phone, flat screen TV, DVD player and extensive DVD library, and free Wi-Fi for internet and streaming access.
- Each cabin has a dining area for 4, full sized kitchen appliances (including dishwashers), dishes, flatware, cutlery, glasses, cups, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, linens, dish soap, dishwasher soap, foil and plenty of cabinet storage, space for groceries, gourmet spices and some condiments. We provide you with everything you will need to prepare, serve, eat and clean up.
- All bedrooms are large and are furnished with hotel quality mattresses and bedding, closets or armoires, dressers, chairs and many vintage ranch pieces of furniture.
- Every cabin has a private shower with hot and cold water (3 cabins have showers and bath tubs), commode, thick towels and face cloths, hair dryer, mirrors, shelf storage.
- All cabins have private covered decks or screened porches, rocking chairs, BBQ grill, charcoal, lighter fluid.
- All cabins have heaters for cooler months, air conditioning in warmer months. Two cabins have in-floor, radiant heat. Very toasty when it's cold!
- Rent the Ranch groups have access to two sets of washers and dryers. You can pack light and still have clean jeans!
- We'll provide you with maps for general hiking and horseback riding suggestions. Always remember to take water, a cell phone and a compass along with you.
Double E Ranch "Rent the Ranch" weeks will comfortably accommodate up to 12 group participants. New Mexico Cabin Rentals at Double E Ranch is open year round, as our weather is generally milder in every season than anywhere else in the country. "Rent the Ranch" Weeks can be scheduled throughout the entire year, depending on cabin availability.
The rate for "Rent the Ranch" Week is: $3800.00
State and Local Taxes added at booking confirmation.