Check out the Many Area Attractions Surrounding
New Mexico Cabin Rentals at Double E Ranch
New Mexico Cabin Rentals at Double E Ranch is Proudly Owned and Operated by Veterans of the United States Navy
Comfortable lodging with access adjacent to the Gila National Forest and State of New Mexico public lands will make your hiking experience one you remember for a lifetime. You can easily access some of the most beautiful sites in New Mexico and the southwest, including Silver City, Glenwood, Mogollon, Las Cruces, Carlsbad Caverns, Ruidoso and Santa Fe to name just a few easy day trip options. Interesting art galleries, museums, restaurants and wineries are an easy drive from the ranch. Day trips to either Arizona, Texas or Mexico are convenient, with plenty to see and experience.
If you are an outdoor enthusiast, New Mexico Cabin Rentals in the Land of Enchantment is the place for you. With our milder climate, there just isn't a bad time to come for a visit. Here are just some of the outdoor activities you can enjoy within a short drive of New Mexico Cabin Rentals.
Bird Watching: Grant County offers a half-dozen major habitat types for birds and birders enjoy. From mountain spruce and pine above 7000 feet to Sonoran desert, the county offers an incredible range of habitat and bird species. For a great summary of birding sites in each, visit the Southwest New Mexico Audubon Society's locales page. Here are some of the birding opportunities near New Mexico Cabin Rentals:
- Gila River Bird Habitat Area: Good riparian birding may be found among the riparian woods and hillside scrub along the Gila River. The Bird Area is located north of Silver City on US 180, near Cliff, on the Bill Evans Lake Road. Follow the paved road past the Lake turning and continue onto the dirt section 1.5 miles.
- Bear Creek at the Double E Ranch: Bear Creek meanders through nearly 2 miles of private land in Gila, NM,i and s home to hundreds of migratory and indiginous birds. Giant cottonwood and sycamore trees, piñon, juniper and live oak trees provide the perfect habitat!
- Cherry Creek and McMillan Campgrounds: Superb birding is found in the deciduous and coniferous riparian woodland nestled in ponderosa pine forest. Cherry Creek and McMillan are located on NM 15 approx. 15 miles north of Silver City.
- Fort Bayard Historic District: Various habitats of riparian, oak, pinon-juniper, ponderosa pine woodland and grassland areas provide diverse habitats for many bird species. From Silver City, follow US 180 south to the small town of Santa Clara and turn onto the Fort Bayard Medical Center access road. Pass the hospital complex by taking the right fork. Follow Forest Road 536 to the Fort Bayard Administrative Site Trailhead. Parking is 1/10 mile west of the junction of forest Roads 536 and 929.
- Archaeology: It doesn't matter where you begin, you will find the spirit of archaeological exploration everywhere you turn. From the Ancient Ones, the Mimbres Indians to Native Apache sites - the area around New Mexico Cabin Rentals is ripe with sites worth exploring!
Golfing: Check out the 18 Hole University Course at Scott Park -- a 50 minute drive from Double E Ranch and New Mexico Cabin Rentals.
Whether you prefer to wander our privately protected Riparian Area or seek trails much more challenging, you will find both at New Mexico Cabin Rentals. Hiking enthusiasts will be granted private access by New Mexico Cabin Rentals to use the Double E Ranch Trailhead, putting you at the edge of more than 25 square miles of public lands. For vehicle access, the Gila National Forest point of entry road is a short 20 minute drive from Double E Ranch and New Mexico Cabin Rentals along Hooker Loop, to Turkey Creek Road. 4x4 is recommended once you leave Turkey Creek Road.
Horseback Riding: Bring your own horse to Double E Ranch and New Mexico Cabin Rentals. With the Gila National Forest a short 20 minute drive as well as our own 360 acres adjacent to nearly 25 square miles of public lands from the Double E Ranch Trail Head, horseback riding is the best "4-wheel drive" in existence. For those interested in hourly or full day rides including lunch, Wolfhorse Outfitters offers guided rides into the Gila Forest
Special events really let you experience the local flavor of this very unique area - Grant County, New Mexico. Take a look at this list of events to help you plan your visit to New Mexico Cabin Rentals.
WNMU Movie Night at Light Hall (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) - What a Bargain!!
Lighted Christmas Parade
Exploring and site seeing:
Restaurants and Eateries:
Chuck’s Folly Gas Station
Mr. D’s Smoked Meats and More
Silver City’s Best: